Monday, November 12, 2012

carl aubock/chair

Lots of editing going on over here for the new book. It is kind of magical going through everything I have shot over the past 6 months. It is only in hindsight that I can see how much I have done/shot/experienced...you name it. I came across this image yesterday of a chair by Carl Aubock that I shot at the Werkstatte in Vienna. Actually it was in a storage room, but Carl Aubock (IV) knew I would love to see all the treasures in there (like the furniture that Carl II designed for himself and lived with in his home). I especially loved this chair, not only because it is fantastic to look at and comfy, but also because of that plaid! Carl's wife designed textiles so this was a husband/wife collaboration. The shape of this chair is great, but for me, the plaid puts it over the top. Just super good.
There is a new book on Werkstatte Carl Aubock that just came out. Looking forward to taking a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment