Friday, May 25, 2012

yelena yemchuk/

A couple of my favorites from my shoot at photographer and painter Yelena Yemchuk's loft earlier this week. I have always loved how more is more with Yelena...the antithesis of me actually. There are layers and layers of reference on her pin board. In my mind taking it down would be one of the best ways to spend a day (and I think it would take a day) because you would go through her brain in some way and see the copious references that get sifted into any one of her many projects. It would be fascinating. As I shot she was working on some compelling new paintings for a show this fall. I cannot wait to see the final pieces...
Have a wonderful long weekend friends. I am heading to a barn raising in the redwoods, can you believe it?!? SO EXCITED!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment