Wednesday, May 2, 2012

note from milano/piero portoluppi

Last Friday, I was lazing by the pool at the Villa Necchi again. I was supposed to shoot it with my proper camera, but just sat in the sun by the pool instead (guess I needed a breather). Anyhow, I was looking through my pictures on my phone and ran across a picture I took  of a bike tour of Piero Portoluppi's work around Milan that was in the newspaper. Portoluppi is the architect of Villa Necchi. I happened to notice that his office was still there so I jumped on the Metro and I was there! It was in the aftermath of the Salone (read: half cleared for a party) as most interesting venues were (and still are) right now, but wow...I have a new crush. Here are just a couple of images. The first is of the elevator, with brass and marble walls. No idea about that fine statue, but it is working for me. And take special note of the floor - patchwork marble and it gradates from pink to grey! yes!




No comments:

Post a Comment