Saturday, May 5, 2012

cinco de mayo/happy birthday grandma

These two things have always been linked in my head. Cinco de Mayo and my Grandmother's birthday. So today, as I sit here in my apartment in Milan and crave a burrito and some California sun, I find myself thinking of her. She passed away almost 6 years ago but it is beautiful how the most important people never leave you. I love that I photographed her so much. I look at this image I know she is kissing me.
Today is rainy, with thunder and lightening here in Milan. I was hoping I would get to see the huge full moon we are supposed to have, but that may not come to pass. So I have taken this day just to be still. I didn't realize how much I needed that. In the midst of all this travel it is important to find a space to be idle - to just be.
This next week is one I am so excited about. I am shooting two studios that I have wanted to shoot for SO LONG. By Tuesday I will be in Vienna!

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Love Grandma! Great feel to the shot with the lavender,muted green and rosiness of her lips. So great. Enjoy your idle time.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen! You don't know how much I love it when people love my Grandma pictures. She was so amazing. ; )

      Delete